Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Writing Challenge Success in June!

Several writers challenged their self to do more in June. I joined the challenge. While I can't say I kept up with the schedule of some of them, I feel content with what I did accomplish. I made way more money than I did the month before and that's always a good thing!

My short story, "The 4.0 Wedding" published as a digital download in June and I take that as a huge success! It is even available at Amazon.com and Smashwords. com as well as at Twin Trinity Media. The owner and publisher at Twin Trinity Media even told me she thought the story would make a great made-for-tv movie and that I should write a script. Anybody know how to do that?

I even picked up a couple more beats at Yahoo Contributor Network, so it will be writing, writing, writing in the month of July. That's okay, though, because that is the goal....the more I write the more money I make. Besides, it is something I love doing, and I guess I am pretty good at it...lol.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that you cannot make money with online writing, because you are the only one who determines that. I have read many forums where people are saying you cannot earn much money with online writing. That totally depends on the writing site and how much effort you put into it.

If you work at it and continue to add good quality content the opportunities are there. YCN for example, offers beat assignments to writers that put forth their best work. I now have 4 beat assignments. I contacted the appropriate person and asked for them. They gave them too me!

If you have had the dream of being a writer, I would advise going for it. Just remember, it is a slow process to build up your own style and voice and to get noticed. Success won't come over night, but in the end you'll be rewarded by doing something you enjoy....

No comments: